Thursday, November 15, 2007

I'm Dreaming of Surviving the Holidays

Oh my, it's getting close to that time of the year. You know the time. When friends and family gather and interrogate you about the most intimate aspect of your relationship: when are you going to have a baby? I dread it. Dread it like the flu and Celine Dion on the radio. My Darling Husband and I are escaping this Thanksgiving and going for a tropical vacation. Of course, as everyone's nosiest co-worker knows, this is definitely the way you get pregnant. Just go on a holiday. You'll get knocked-up for sure!!!!! Hahahaha! Me and my single follicle will be sipping pina coladas on the beach and lapping up the sunshine.

1 comment:

Searching said...

Yup, hate that question. I work with babies so get that question pretty much every day at work. It ALWAYS bothers me, but some days the kids have screamed all 12h and I can more honestly answer- no, not quite ready yet. Sad when you actually want the babies to act up so it squishes your baby fever just a little. Although all you go through to soothe them usually brings it flaring back.

Sigh, this sure isn't easy, is it? I hope you have a FABULOUS vacation! I'm a little jealous. ;)