Friday, November 30, 2007

Pregnant Bikini Belly Blues

My Darling Husband and I are back from our Thanksgiving trip to Hawaii. Guess you can't avoid families with children at hotels unless you stay at Sandals because the Sheraton was full of them. The crying, screaming, and whining children reinforced our choice to suspend further fertility treatment. How can you find serenity with that? There were some well-behaved children although they appeared to be the exception and not the rule. Many instances of poor parenting skills including one instance where we witnessed a toddler almost drown in a 5ft deep pool as the mother sat watching. Really, who lets a toddler in a 'deep' pool by themselves? Being able to reproduce does not equate with being a great parent, just look at Britney Spears (that's another blog posting). Even though we appeared to be surrounded by children on the beach and at the pool I really managed not to have a melt down every time I saw a baby carriage, or a woman carrying a baby. Everything was great until our last afternoon at the pool. There she was, a pregnant woman (about 6-7 months) wearing a BIKINI floating on an air-mattress in the pool. I averted my eyes and tried to read. But, the worst part is that she and her hubby got out and sat NEXT to us!!!! That was it for me. I just couldn't sit there and not look at that bare pregnant belly -- something that I will never have. I got up and asked DH to go to the beach with me, and vented to him as soon as we got out of there. He thought I over reacted. He doesn't understand. I do not want to see a strange woman's pregnant belly. There should be some unwritten rule that pregnant women should not wear bikinis in public. I really do NOT want to look at a stranger's pregnant belly. Ughhhh!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info. My Bikini Belly Program