Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Good News

Last week was crazy with lots of doctors appointments.

First, I had another mammogram on a particular area on my right breast. Lots of anxious moments until I was told that they didn't find any masses, but did see some microcalcifications on a certain angle. So, I am to go back in six months so they can have another look and see if there has been any change.

Second, I had my blood pressure checked and it's down to 110/74. Cutting out salt has definitely had an impact, although I do still crave it every now and again.

Third, I had a sonohisterography and everything looks great according to my RE. Just wish the same could be said for my ovaries...

I'm starting Lupron tonight and I'm feeling a bit anxious about the needle. Aside from being scared of needles, I am full of hope. So crazy optimistic (or, perhaps just delusional) am I that I bought one of those pregnancy mags at the supermarket. I want to stay focused on a positive outcome. Am I nuts? Yes, probably, but it makes this process easier to deal with.

1 comment:

loribeth said...

Glad to hear things are OK & that you're going to continue to be monitored. I too have high bp & was put on medication last summer. It seems to have helped, but I'm still trying to cut out the salt. Good luck with your cycle!