Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Bachelorette

Last night's episode of The Bachelorette was an emotional rollercoaster. When Jesse's parents told DeAnna how they had tried for years to get pregnant and gave up after twelve years, only to find themelves pregnant with Jesse, I found tears welling in my eyes. They explained, although it needed no explanation, that he was a blessing to them and that his name means gift from God. Yes, I was crying. I thought it was wonderful that they opened up to her and shared their trying to conceive struggle with the world. Guess it didn't help that right before the show I read the 'vows' article in the Sunday Times about a couple that first met in 1972 who went their separate ways only to reunite and marry over thirty years later. It was emotional for me when the article touched upon the woman's miscarriage and inability to have children and the death of the groom's son years before. Sometimes Mondays are sad days.

No comments: