Monday, June 14, 2010

One Good Embryo

The FET was yesterday morning and I was so excited that I could barely sleep the night before -- even though I went for acupuncture Saturday evening. While DH drove to the clinic I had a sudden sense of dread: this is the final FET we will do. It was beginning to feel momentous and I had to calm myself by focusing on the moment.

Sunday proved not to be the best time to undergo an embryo transfer. DH and I were relaxed but the nursing staff was rushing the process because they wanted to (or so it seemed) finish and enjoy the beautiful weather. The worst part was when the embryologist came to talk and told us that out of five frozen embryos only one survived! The good news, we were told, was that this one embryo had 7 cells and looked great, although I took little comfort in the knowledge that our one embryo looked super; instead I fought back tears and tried to hide my disappointment. One embryo. Later yesterday afternoon I realized that we were lucky to have one good embryo instead of none at all. I can't imagine how devastated we would have been if we had received a phone call saying that none had survived.

One embryo...DH keeps reminding me that it only takes one. Here's hoping that this one good embryo likes my uterine lining enough to stick around for some time.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm hoping and praying that this is it for you!

AmyG said...

Crossing my crossables! Go, embie, go!

Illanare said...

Keeping all available digits crossed for you.

ApronStringsEm said...

Sending good positive and calming vibes your way ...

musicmakermomma said...

Hoping this is THE one - actually out of 4 transfers - the 2 times I got pg were when we transfered only one embie. Best of luck!